31 October 2008

Holiday Party Costume

As if I didn't have enough on my plate right now, anyway. And, you know, it's not like November isn't crazy busy or anything what with the 50,000 words deadlines, and the start of the 2009 SWAP, and getting Holiday stuff done, and that Thanksgving thing, and getting my house clean enough for my mother to see it when she visits in December (which might involve some painting, or something). Nope not busy enough. My friend's company Christmas party (on the first weekend of December) has decided that this year is a fancy dress party. That means costumes. In fact, the theme this year is Latin dancing. Apparently there will even be a dance floor! With lessons! I love me some dancing!

But MORE sewing? Really? I think I might cry. However, the sales at the fabric store are pretty great right now, for those things called costumes, and the sale ends on Saturday. You know, right after Halloween. Go figure. So I hocked some valuables in order to scrap together enough funds to buy fabric and patterns to do this up right, and spend as little as possible on it. I'm pretty damn proud of myself. Two costumes for under $50. We just won't talk about how many hours I'm going to have to sew this month!

I'm pretty sure this costume is seriously over the top, and that we will be the ONLY people who interpreted the extremely vague instructions of "Latin dancing costume" in quite the same way. But hey, it's not my company party, and my friend is totally keen on the hot pink shirt he gets to wear to match my very, um, colorful outfit. Now all I have to do is actually get it all made. Along with everything else.

Party Costume Storyboard
Oh yeah, I AM going to wear all those colors in one costume!
Can't miss me coming!

No comments: